Sign On
Create Account


single12-Feb-2013quizthey by votes33156.3%


Do you know what jimmies are?


Galomorro Survey Qualifier
posted 12-Feb-2013 7:28pm  
Nope. No idea.
bill Survey Central Gold Subscriber Silver Star Survey Creator
posted 12-Feb-2013 8:15pm  
Chocolate sprinkles!
LJD Gold Qualifier
posted 13-Feb-2013 12:14am  
Lysannus Survey Qualifier
posted 13-Feb-2013 4:51am  
It is that flat metal bar with a hook at the end for opening car door locks.
posted 13-Feb-2013 7:40am  
FordGuy Survey Central Subscriber Survey Qualifier
posted 13-Feb-2013 7:49am  
posted 13-Feb-2013 9:02am  
My version of Jimmies may not been quite your version.
I would hazard a guess that you mean pyjamas. Which we refer to as Jammies. (with an 'a')
Point of interest - in my social circle we use the term Jimmie to mean going to the toilet. As in "I'm just going for a jimmie".
Enheduanna Survey Central Subscriber
posted 13-Feb-2013 10:31am  
Yes, having lived in the Boston area, I do.
TeddyMiller Survey Central Gold Subscriber
posted 13-Feb-2013 10:43am  
The sprinkles you put on ice cream?
paulyw Survey Central Subscriber Gold Star Survey Creator Survey Qualifier
posted 13-Feb-2013 11:15am  
Yes, they are like little sprinkles you can put on ice cream or a cupcake.
cerealkiller Survey Qualifier
posted 13-Feb-2013 1:48pm  
This some kind of Brit thing?
(reply to cerealkiller) posted 13-Feb-2013 2:06pm  
> This some kind of Brit thing?
Biggles Survey Qualifier
posted 13-Feb-2013 3:13pm  
Jimmy's is a hospital in Leeds.

I'm guessing jimmies are used for jimmying locks?
LindaH Gold Star Survey Creator Survey Qualifier
(reply to they) posted 13-Feb-2013 5:28pm  
I bought cupcakes a few minutes ago with those on them  * grin *
Biggles Survey Qualifier
(reply to they) posted 13-Feb-2013 7:07pm  
Here, the chocolate type would be called vermicelli and the multi-coloured ones are hundreds-and-thousands.

It's always good to learn more about cake-related things  * smile *
(reply to Biggles) posted 14-Feb-2013 10:11am  
To me, vermicelli is pasta. That's interesting.

Most people here call the chocolate and colored ones sprinkles. Jimmies seems to be slightly regional.

Also, I didn't even think about jimmies as cake-related. In my mind, they are ice cream-related.
Irene007 Survey Central Gold Subscriber Bronze Star Survey Creator
posted 14-Feb-2013 4:16pm  
I didn't know Jimmies but I know nonpareils...
posted 16-Feb-2013 10:39am  
Yes; they are those short pry-bars that burglars use to open doors and windows.
JessicaWoman99 Double Gold Star Survey Creator
posted 1-Mar-2013 4:15pm  
I have no idea
JessicaWoman99 Double Gold Star Survey Creator
(reply to they) posted 1-Mar-2013 4:16pm  
This looks like something you find in your intestines? worms
cloudhugger Survey Central Gold Subscriber
posted 3-Mar-2013 12:57pm  
I don't know if we have the same definition. If it is soemthing that pries something open, then yes.
cloudhugger Survey Central Gold Subscriber
posted 3-Mar-2013 12:59pm  
Oh, now I know I love jimmies.
posted 3-Mar-2013 8:53pm  
I thought I did. Hopefully, it won't make you laugh too much when I say that we used to get them on our ice cream cones.
posted 13-Oct-2013 2:48pm  
I know them to be a couple things, I think...

If you'd like to vote and/or comment on this survey, please Sign On

Link this survey:

Hits: 0 today (0 in the last 30 days)