Sign On
Create Account
AuthorMessage
CarolL
#1 posted March 24, 2006 at 11:59pm (EDT)  
bill, you have noticed that i have not renewed my subscription...the reason is that I don't like that qual has changed so dramatically and that crap is getting through. I have stopped (almost) even checking unqualified surveys...
I don't have to give the links to poorly constructed surveys...every second one is one. I am losing interest because this is becoming a lamoid site. I am sorry to be so blunt, but it is time to reinstate wolf as a qualifier. It is time to get things back on track...I have given the changes a couple of seasons to see if things would equalize, but they are just getting worse.
I understand that keeping ME happy isn't a priority, but I think I have contributed enough to S/C in the Secret Santa exchanges and the Bingo games that I can just let my feelings known...thanks for reading.

It's getting time for a bingo game, now that I think of it...
bill Survey Central Gold Subscriber Gold Star Survey Creator
#2 posted March 25, 2006 at 7:25am (EDT)  
Well, I disagree. I think things are fine and better than they were. We're getting a steady flow of good surveys. The quality of surveys vary, but this is nothing new. There have been many excellent surveys this month. The surveys which are real disasters are being blocked.

Also, I think Qual has been better, less harsh for survey creators. Though, I still think there are some people in Qual who are overly critical (for example: bcollins, teatree, and jduPres). I think others have compensated for them, but I still consider barring them from qual just as I did to wolf359. I believe the people being overly-critical in qual hurt the site. It discourages survey creators and tends to turn people off from using the site, especially new users.

I understand that small problems with surveys can annoy people, especially people who've been on the site for a while. But, I think it's wrong to turn that annoyance on the survey creator. I think it's just something people need to learn to live with. Small problems will happen. This has always been true. Don't let this turn you into an overly-critical qualifier.

Survey Central is just for fun, a place to bring up questions for people to respond to. The spirit of a survey, what the creator is trying to ask, is more important than minor problems. In most cases, we all know what they mean to be asking. Picking nits with surveys is an easy trap to fall into. I do it myself. But, I think it's a disease and it's not good for anyone to be like that.

If you don't want to re-subscribe, that's fine. If you think this site is lame, that's fine too. Take a break for a while if you want. Or, never come back, it's your life. But, I wont be bullied into making the site more critical of surveys. I think that's the wrong direction to go in and I feel strongly about that.
CarolL
#3 posted March 25, 2006 at 10:03am (EDT)  
So there!
LindaH Gold Star Survey Creator Survey Qualifier
#4 posted March 25, 2006 at 3:50pm (EDT)  
I think we are going through a minor phase of surveys being less interesting and thought provoking. There's more fun going on in the forum lately and less conversation in the surveys. It will pass, though. It always does.
cabinfever
#5 posted March 25, 2006 at 8:05pm (EDT)  
The recent influx of trolls doesn't help... but I've been told that it is a seasonal thing (spring break).
babygirl23
#6 posted March 25, 2006 at 8:59pm (EDT)  
I actually find it hard to think of surveys to ask. And Im nervous because people here are very critical. I dont want to write a survey and then be bombared with 20 people telling me what I did wrong.However I really enjoy this site and like to read other peoples survey's.The ones I don't like I just skip over them. * smile *
cabinfever
#7 posted March 25, 2006 at 10:48pm (EDT)  
babygirl23 wrote:
> However I really enjoy this site and like
> to read other peoples survey's.The ones I don't
> like I just skip over them. * smile *

That's the whole idea, sweetie. Some people, even longtime members have trouble remembering that. Welcome to our 'family'! I just love your avatars.
Have you seen http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/kittens/in...?
babygirl23
#8 posted March 25, 2006 at 11:18pm (EDT)  
OMG!! Those were so cute!!!
bill Survey Central Gold Subscriber Gold Star Survey Creator
#9 posted March 26, 2006 at 7:30am (EDT)  
Kitten Puddle is a great one.

babygirl23 - I'm really sad to see that you're afraid to make a survey. I am trying to fight off the people like CarolL who want to make things more critical. I'm trying to strike a compromise. I guess you need to be a little thick-skinned to make a survey around here...
babygirl23
#10 posted March 26, 2006 at 9:06pm (EDT)  
Yes you have to be! Maybe I will try again in the future.
CarolL
#11 posted March 26, 2006 at 10:06pm (EDT)  
I am so sorry for making trouble...I will keep my big mouth shut.......
babygirl23
#12 posted March 26, 2006 at 10:18pm (EDT)  
No way! You should always express your opinion! I never said that because of you. You should never apologize for saying something that makes you upset!!!!!!!  * smile *
cloudhugger Survey Central Gold Subscriber
#13 posted March 26, 2006 at 10:35pm (EDT)
edited March 26, 2006 at 10:35pm (EDT)  
Carol, see if we can get a new emoticon while your at it, * winking raspberry *
darkshadowsseeker
#14 posted March 26, 2006 at 11:22pm (EDT)  
cloudhugger wrote:
> Carol, see if we can get a new emoticon while your at it, * winking raspberry *

 * laughing out loud * Always stirring!  * winking raspberry *
RGirl
#15 posted March 26, 2006 at 11:41pm (EDT)  
babygirl23 wrote:
> No way! You should always express your opinion! I never said that
> because of you. You should never apologize for saying something that
> makes you upset!!!!!!!  * smile *

Yes, expressing your opinion is important, but so is how you do it and, yes, sometimes people should apologize for what they say. I've done it on occasion myself.
RGirl
#16 posted March 26, 2006 at 11:42pm (EDT)  
Simple words can make or break a mood.
babygirl23
#17 posted March 26, 2006 at 11:45pm (EDT)  
ya! that is true.